Sunday, March 28, 2010

Girls Week 2010

Finally I am posting pictures of my "Girls Weekend" with my Aunts in Reno (Verdi), Nevada!
ON my first night there, we went and did a sealing session at the Reno temple. It was a nice temple and really looks quite similar to the Anchorage temple on the inside. The sealer was funny, yet spiritual and it was really a great experience.
Becky and Tammy

Valerie and Tammy

Sisters, Becky and Valerie

The next morning we went to The Spa Toscana.

LOVE!!!
This place was awesome and I felt so pampered and relaxed. It was so great, I will definitely go back.

The spa had the most beautiful painting throughout.
We however, wore no make-up so we aren't so beautiful!!

I called this the fountain of youth. It was gorgeous and warm. We didn't get in it, but did dip our toes and thought we should do some funny pictures beside it.
We all have swimsuits on underneath these plush robes, so we aren't really as naughty as we look :)
Becky was most definitely comfortable keeping herself covered.

This is the secret garden where you can sit and listen to the music, the water, and just rest.
I wanted to go to sleep! Off to the side of the secret garden there were tables overlooking the courtyard. That is where we ordered room service and had a very tasty lunch.

Another beautiful painting

After having 90 minute massages, and pedicures to die for (I fell asleep in my chair), we went in the steam room and the sauna. Then we got in the hot tub, but to cool ourselves down we put ice water wash cloths on our heads. WE looked silly, but felt great!

The gals who worked at the spa told us that we needed to get into the cold bath at the end of our experience to "seal" in all of the moisturizers. So, in we went one at at time.
BRRRRR!!!!

"Oh my goodness!"
"Eeeek!"

After all 7 hours of being at the spa, it was time to shower, and primp and we each had our own little station to get ourselves ready.

The next morning we sat in the hot tub and relaxed some more.
REALLY?!? Like we weren't relaxed enough??

After a nice slow morning, we did some shopping. I found a nice bedding set for my bedroom.
So, after calling Kelly I mad the purchase.

Sunday we went to church, except Becky who was sick, and then came home and sat around. Then we had a "Favorite Things Party". We each had questionairres asking some of our favorite things and then we had to guess who was whose.

We also exchanged a few of our favorite things with eachother. So, we each got to open two gifts of the other two people's favorite things. Here Valerie is modeling some fuzzy socks.


Becky went above and beyond and bought each of us a pair of gold hoop earrings. These are special to each of us, because this is the style that my mom wore most frequently. In fact these earrrings are identical to the ones she wore, so that was a fun treat.

We each took turns cooking and sharing some of our favorite recipes with eachother. It was fun to cook together and learn new things. Valerie is always so creative with her "tablescapes" and always goes the extra mile to make things special.
Pictured below is a simple, yet yummy salad. It is spinach leaves, fresh berries and pineapple, spritzed with a balsamic vinegarette.

One night we stayed up till 3:30 or 4 making aprons. I went to bed before my two crazy aunts because I was worried I was going to say things I shouldn't :)
(It is not life threatening as to where a pocket goes, or what color of rick rack is on the top!)

Valerie surprised us all with matching jammies, so here we are modeling them.

I love these girls, they have always meant so much to me and I have so many memories with them. I am blessed to have them as my Aunts for so many reasons.
See you next year!!!
**The funniest thing we did was go bra shopping!!! All I can say is that I won the prize for wearing the correct size bra to begin with. :)

4 comments:

Katie Bell said...

Fun, fun, fun. Did Kelly survive without you?

Chelsea B. said...

Fun! I want to come! I could use a good spa day

debbie said...

Can I get adopted into your family?

Anonymous said...

You have the BEST Aunts!! Holy cow! Looks like so much fun!