Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Catchin' You Up on Life With the McGee's

I know, I know, I know.....I haven't been keeping up with the blog. SORRY!
We have been doing things, and having fun too. So, here is the lowdown!
We got a chance to drive through Denali National Park in our own vehicle, before the park opened to the public, and the tour buses. We thought it would be a fun way to spend the day. It is about a two hour drive to get there, and then we drove probably about and hour and a half once we got to the park.
We didn't know if we would see much wildlife, but low and behold as we were getting ready to take Chance potty.......
We saw this guy coming down the road!!! AMAZING!!!
He was about 5 feet away from our truck, he bit at the post of the outhouse, scratched his back, and looked around a bit. Then he was on his way. IT WAS SO COOL!! He wasn't near as big as I thought he should be, but Kelly thought he was probably only 2 or 3 years old.
The boys were going nuts about it. I'm just glad we weren't already in the outhouse and came OUT to find him standing there!!

When we got as far as the public traffic was able to go. We got out and ran some energy out, looked at the scenery, and took some pictures.
Mom and her cute guys :)
My 3 handsome boys.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch it was life as usual. One night Chance was really struggling with eating, first he said he was tired and we wouldn't let him down, next he said he was cold so we gave him a blanket to put around his shoulders. I was cleaning up and Kelly was on the computer. I looked over and this is what I found. Chancey sneakily put his fingers in his mouth, put the blanket over his head and went to sleep.
Snug as a bug in a rug.

Hunter had preschool graduation in May. The Mom's planned this really great field day/picnic and awards ceremony for the kids. It was pretty fun, but very cold.
The girl on the left is Hannah Wappett. She announced to her Mom that she and Hunter will be getting married in the Anchorage temple, and she will be wearing a beautiful purple dress.
Hunter said he is fine with the idea!

Each of the Mom's got to say something great about their graduate. I told everyone that Hunter is so smart and is always learning new things.

We celebrated Mother's day! I am so glad I have my two boys, it is amazing how much a person can love two little Monkey's. Kelly made some yummy lasagna for dinner, wrote a nice note, and I got a lovely salad spinner as a gift. (I've really been wanting one!)

On June 8th we celebrated our 8TH anniversary!! (This picture was not taken on that day)
WE went out to a lovely dinner the Saturday before, talked about fun memories and the future that lays ahead of us. We've been through a lot together and hope to be through even more.
Well, there is a quick catch up for you.

2 comments:

Katie Bell said...

Really....a salad spinner....?

The Barker Clan said...

Happy late anniversary! I thought about you guys when the weather was crummy here on that day. It reminded me of the day you were married! Sounds like you are all having a lot of fun! Christy and Andy said they had a really good time visiting you and Trenton and all his classmates really enjoyed the adventures you took Flat Trenton on! We love you!