Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Golden Moment for a Mother

There are always "Golden Moments" for Mothers along the way, but I love the one that I saw and heard yesterday.  I have been sick the past couple of days, and a friend from church offered to take the boys for the afternoon.  I decided that I should probably send the boys with a lunch, but wasn't up for making it all myself.  So, I asked Hunter to make two Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches.  He happily jumped at the opportunity to help me out.
While he was making the sandwich, I sat on the couch and was chatting with him.  I mentioned that fact that we met a 10 year old boy last week who came to visit some relatives in Alaska.  When his Aunt asked him to make his own sandwich for lunch, he had no idea how to do such a thing.
Hunter just looked at me with big eyes and said, "I can't believe his mom didn't teach him how to make a sandwich!"  He then proceeded to tell me that he was glad that I have been teaching he and Chance how to do a few things that are important for LIFE.

It made me smile to know that if nothing else, my boys know how to make a good PB and Honey Sandwich.

1 comment:

Emily said...

We live for those validating moments don't we? Nice work Mom and Hunter!