Friday, October 17, 2008

Baking with Hunter and Momma McGee


Today Hunter and I made some simple holiday cookies to take to Dad and his co-workers at the hospital. We used the cake mix cookie recipe (listed below), and then added some fun Halloween colored M&M's.

We rolled the dough into balls and placed them on the cookie sheet.
(With clean hands, of course!)

Then we put them in the oven, and in 9-12 minutes.....
(depending on the size)

Finished Product!
Hunter MAY have tasted some of the dough

I LOVE the dark brown with the POP of the Halloween colors

Cake Mix Cookies
1 cake mix (any flavor)
2 eggs
3/4 C Shortening

Mix ingredients together and either cook plain or add any flavor of chips or candy.
Some of my favorites are a yellow cake mix with butterscotch chips, chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips, or a white cake mix with chocolate chips.
Be creative!
Roll into golf size balls.
Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes (depending on size of cookies)


2 comments:

Bobbi Phillips said...

Your boys are cuties. Todd liked reading through Kelly's blog about hunting, 10 days hunting...Todd said it was probably dream come true for him. Todd wants to know if there are any animals left in Alaska with Kelly living here???

I'm glad we can keep in touch through blogging...it's fun to see how everyone is doing a to be able to see pics of all the kids.

Trenton & Maren said...

Hi Tammy, I'm so glad I got your email with update on your address and blog. I love to blog and read others. You are such a fun mom. I'm glad you shared the cake mix cookies. I'll be trying those. Glad to see you are doing well. And your boys are too cute!!